BRF's Sustainability Plan is in line with our Essence and aligned with our Sustainability Policy. Through the Plan, we reinforce our commitment to incorporating ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance) aspects into the Company's future vision.
Our Ambitions reflect awareness of our responsibility. We know that it is always possible to do more to provide a better life for people and the planet, aligned with our Purpose.
BRF's Sustainability Plan
Act in synergy with our partners and positively impact communities.
Innovate and obtain sustainable solutions to global challenges
Promote Animal Welfare
Be inclusive, plural and diverse
Preserve the environment and be eco-efficient
In order to increase our transparency and reinforce our Ambitions, we have established global and transversal commitments to ESG aspects, connected with BRF's 2030 Vision, in synergy with the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world *, of the size that BRF wants to be.
* UN Global Compact
Goal 2End hunger, achieve food security and improve nutrition, as well as promote sustainable agriculture.
Goal 3Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
Goal 4Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
Goal 5Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
Goal 6Ensure the availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all.
Goal 7Ensure reliable, sustainable, modern and affordable access to energy for all.
Goal 8Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
Goal 9Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
Goal 10Reduce inequality within and between countries.
Goal 11Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
Goal 12Ensure sustainable consumption and production standards.
Goal 13Take urgent measures to combat climate change and its impacts.
Goal 16Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels.
Goal 17Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
- Certify 100% of the plants in animal welfare by 2025.*
- Only use cage-free chicken eggs in the industrial food process globally by 2025.
- Ensure that no antibiotics growth promoter are used in the livestock chain.
- Ensure that 100% of the poultry in the integration system are cage-free globally by 2023.
- BRF is strictly committed to zero tolerance to animal mistreatment, whether through abuse or neglect.
- Use environmental enrichment in 100% of the integration of poultry by 2025. *Respecting the religious and/or cultural requirements demanded by our customers
- 100% adherence of new product innovation projects to BRF´s sustainability indicator by 2022
- Ensure 100% traceability of grain suppliers in the Amazon and Cerrado by 2025.
- Invest R$ 400 million* in communities by 2030. * Increase the company's shared value generation by investing its own resources in the communities, especially in social development and economic inclusion agendas.
- Promote education to reduce food waste in 50 municipalities in 10 Brazilian states by 2025.* * Taking the program to 100% of the territories where BRF operates worldwide by 2030.
- Achieve 30% of women in top management by 2025.
- Public sector commitment to combat racism.
- Have 100% recyclable, reusable or biodegradable packaging by 2025.
- Implement a carbon neutral product line by 2021.
- Reduce the intensity of BRF's GHG emissions by 20% by 2030.
- Increase the self-production of electricity from clean sources in BRF to 50% by 2030.
- Reduce BRF's water consumption indicator by 13% by 2025.
These commitments are:
Animal Welfare Commodities Communities Diversity Food waste Greenhouse Gases Natural Resources Packaging Science and Innovation
Sustainable Development Goals
As part of our alignment with the UN 2030 agenda, we correlate our commitments with the Sustainable Development Goals listed below.
Goal 2 Goal 3 Goal 4 Goal 5 Goal 6 Goal 7 Goal 8 Goal 9 Goal 10 Goal 11 Goal 12 Goal 13 Goal 16 Goal 17